MONDAY, JUNE 20TH 6-10PM
NEW LEAF RESTAURANT IN FORT TRYON PARK
This year, persecution and war forced more people out of their homes than any time since World War II. Long before the refugee crisis gained worldwide recognition, RIF was on the ground serving refugees seeking asylum in NYC. Thanks to your support, RIF is celebrating its Tenth Anniversary of helping new New Yorkers get back on their feet.
Join us on World Refugee Day, in recognition that support for local refugees is needed more than ever!
- Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres accompanied by a live band
- Organic and locally sourced dinner and wine
- Keynote speaker: Julian Sanjivan, former asylum seeker and current March Director of NYC Pride 2016
- Addressing the Crisis: Kristianna Gasparjan
- Desserts inspired by the recipes of asylum seekers, made by Rose McAdoo of Whisk me Away Cakes
- DJ Set by Hak (former member of Ratking). Check out his new solo single!
- Original musical composition by contemporary Jazz pianist Danielle Friedman and singer Dana Herz.
directions to new leaf
ADDRESS: 1 MARGARET CORBIN DRIVE, IN FORT TRYON PARK
If you are taking public transportation to our event, please follow these directions:
- Take uptown A train to 190th Street (Cloisters)
- When you exit the train, follow the sign that reads "Exit to Ft Washington Ave, Margaret Corbin Plaza, Ft Tryon Park" to reach the elevator and take it upstairs.
- Take stairs to the street level.
- Take a right on the street, and follow ahead straight towards the rotunda.
- Continue past the "Fort Tryon Park" entrance sign and into the park.
- After a few feet, you will see a path leading to the right with a sign to New Leaf.
- Follow this path straight ahead and you will see the entrance to New Leaf.
If you are driving, there is parking right behind New Leaf.